Aren is one of those lawyers who can you can only hope to get. He’s firm, fast acting, knowledgeable, and is easy to get ahold of. I am very pleased with his service.
Aren is patient, kind, professional and responsive. He went above and beyond to get the best result for my case. I highly recommend Aren and his firm.
Mr. Avaness provided legal advice and guidance during difficult circumstances for me. His morale brought calmness to the whole process. While working with Mr. Avaness, I felt as though my situation had hope, and he brought an inconceivable assurance for me…
I was involved in a car accident, and called Avaness Law through a family friend. He was very personable throughout the whole process. It felt like he truly cared for my well-being and was always there when I wanted to speak to him. Highly recommend him!
Personal Injury lawyers in Burbank, CA
According to the US CDC, over 100 million people seek ER treatment annually for unintentional injury. A personal injury resulting from somebody else’s negligent behavior can affect your physical, emotional, and financial well-being. You may lose your source of income or incur high medical expenses during recovery, affecting your quality of life. After a personal injury in Burbank, you do not have to suffer alone, as the personal injury law allows you to pursue a claim and get compensation for your damages.
While seeking compensation, beware that insurance companies are in business and will focus on profits, remitting lower settlements for their client’s negligent actions. Working with an Avaness Law attorney is advisable to ensure fair compensation after a personal injury. Our Burbank attorneys will investigate your case and negotiate with the insurance agent, allowing you to focus on recovery. Call us today in case of a personal injury claim, and we will walk the journey with you.
Proving Your Personal Injury Claim
The California Civil code charges persons to take responsibility for direct consequences of their actions, whether or not it was their intention or they had no idea they put someone else at risk. As per this code, the principle of negligence is the basis of personal injury claims. The main parties in a personal injury claim include:
Plaintiff: The plaintiff is the party that files the personal injury lawsuit, claiming that the negligent actions by someone else caused their injury. There can be one or more plaintiffs in a claim who will present the evidence of their case to get compensation for their damages.
Defendant: The defendant is the party whose actions allegedly harmed the plaintiff. A defendant can be a business, individual, municipality, or government agency. In a personal injury claim, the plaintiff bears the burden of proof. However, the defendant, who can be one or more parties, will present evidence to counter the plaintiff’s allegations.
To hold the defendant liable for your injuries and hence damages, the plaintiff should prove the following:
- That the defendant had responsibility for protecting the plaintiff through reasonable actions under the circumstances
- The defendant acted recklessly or carelessly, breaching their duty of care
- The defendant’s behavior directly caused the plaintiff’s injury, requiring medical attention
- The plaintiff incurred compensable losses directly linked to their injury.
Personal Injury Claims We Handle
Our Burbank attorneys aim to provide injured victims with legal support to ensure fair compensation. Regardless of the cause and severity of your accident, you can trust our Burbank attorneys for representation in the following personal injury claims:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are common in California; when they occur, you can sustain severe injuries and financial consequences. Since insurance companies are unreliable in the claims process, you can trust our Burbank attorney to evaluate your case and advise you.
- Truck accidents: Trucks weigh more than average cars, and negligent drivers can cause catastrophic accidents. Our attorneys will handle truck accident claims caused by distracted, fatigued, and speeding drivers.
- Bicycle And Motorcycle Accidents: Statistics reveal that motorcyclists are up to 29 times more likely to suffer serious injuries in an accident than occupants of other vehicles, given the little protection from external factors. A cyclist often has a helmet and pads for protection, unlike a driver in a car, truck, or bus, who is protected by their automobile body. Call our attorneys for representation if involved in a bicycle or motorcycle accident.
- Slip And Fall Accidents: If you get a personal injury while on someone else’s property, you are entitled to recover damages. Our Burbank attorney will help prove that the property owner was negligent and negotiate a fair settlement with their insurance company.
- Medical Malpractice: While we trust medics to treat and care for us appropriately, they are prone to make errors, which can be fatal. Our attorneys will help prove your case where your personal injury resulted from misdiagnosis, wrong prescription, or birth injury.
- Dog Bites: A dog bite is terrifying, and its injuries can be fatal. You are also prone to infections, and the damage at the site of the wound may be irreparable. Hiring a Burbank attorney after a dog bite can help hold the dog owner legally responsible for your injury.
- Wrongful Death: If your loved one is injured and succumbs to death due to another party’s negligence, you can pursue a personal injury case called wrongful death. With the help of our attorneys, qualified family members will get compensation for the emotional and financial losses resulting from losing their loved one.
How Much Damage Can I Recover From Personal Injury?
Personal injury compensation accounts for the extent of the damages you sustain after an accident caused by someone else’s negligent behavior. The amount you receive depends on the severity of your injury, so you should seek medical attention after an accident. Seeking medical attention even without visible injuries is crucial as you may sustain injuries that could manifest within days if unchecked.
Sadly, most personal injury victims in Burbank do not get the complete settlements they are entitled to by law. To maximize profits, insurance companies often deny compensation or remit lower amounts. Our Burbank personal injury attorneys have the competence you need to secure fair compensation and move on with your life. Our lawyers will help you recover for damages covering the following:
- Medical bills. These include emergency treatment, surgery, hospitalization, follow-up care, prescription medication, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and home health care.
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of income
- Loss of quality of life
- Punitive damages
- Burial expenses in case of wrongful death
When seeking compensation for medical bills or loss of income, it is easier to prove your case through evidence like receipts and bills to establish your monetary losses. However, non-tangible losses like mental anguish and pain and suffering can be challenging to prove. More research and evidence are needed to prove such claims. With the help of our attorney, you can document your struggles for them to present when negotiating your settlements for a fair deal.
Why You Should Hire a Burbank Personal Injury Attorney
Pursuing a personal injury claim can be tedious and stressful, even if you have a strong case. By hiring an Avaness Law attorney, you can focus on healing as our attorney handles the following:
- Hears your story and provides legal answers
- Investigates your accident and gathers relevant evidence to build a strong case
- Represents you before the insurance for negotiation of a fair settlement
- Represents you before the jury where necessary
Types of Injuries in Personal Injury Accidents
Personal injury accidents account for millions of ER treatments in the United States. Common injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe burns
- Soft tissue injuries
- Permanent disability
- Bone fractures
What to Do After a Personal Injury in Burbank, CA
Sustaining a personal injury after an accident can be traumatizing, and knowing the next steps is ideal for preserving your legal stand for compensation. Depending on the accident, you should gather evidence from the scene, including the accident’s date, time, and location. Take photos or videos of the environment where the accident occurred and your visible injuries and damage to your property. If there are dangerous environmental conditions, such as a wet floor, in case of a slip and fall accident, be sure to capture the surface photo immediately, as the store owners can clean the floor after your accident, wiping away your evidence for the case. With the help of our attorney, you can obtain surveillance footage capturing your accident.
Talking to witnesses on the accident scene and taking their contact information is another useful measure to strengthen your case, as some could be passersby. Our Burbank attorney will interview these witnesses when gathering evidence for your case.
Where the police do not come to the accident scene, you should file a report for your insurance claim or lawsuit. Lastly, talk to our attorney before interacting with the insurance company. If the insurance reaches out first, keep the interaction neutral, as you are likely to omit relevant details that they may use against you to remit a low settlement.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
When filing a personal injury claim in Burbank, be aware of the deadline for your claim, which is two years from the incident or injury date. The law may exempt certain claims from this rule, but the deadline may be shorter for others. For instance, your deadline can be six months in a government entity case. Working with our Burbank attorney will ensure the timely submission of your personal injury claims.
Get in Touch With Our Personal Injury Lawyer Today
While you may have a strong case against the defendant, negotiating your claim for fair compensation can be challenging, given the emotions around a personal injury case. A qualified Avaness Law attorney will investigate your case and negotiate with the insurance or jury for fair compensation. Contact us today at (818) 724-7222 and schedule your appointment.
Involved in a motor vehicle accident?
Get the compensation you deserve!
- You focus on healing. We’ll handle the rest.
- Our firm will guide you throughout every step of the entire process.
- Aren will work with you one-on-one to learn the details of your situation.
- Our staff will personally work with police reports, insurance claims, doctor’s appointments and medical bills.
- With a success rate of over 99% we will fight for the justice you deserve.
REASONS TO HIRE avaness Law
Pay Nothing Logo
pay nothing until we win
We work on a contingency basis. You pay absolutely nothing unless we win your case.
We strive to understand your unique needs and offer personalized, thoughtful service.
Extensive Network Logo
Take advantage of our firm’s extensive professional network and feel better knowing you’re in good hands.
No hidden fees
A MESSAGE FROM OUR
Avaness Law was founded on the principle of Justice and Fairness. We believe that everyone is entitled to Justice, not just the big or rich corporations able to pay huge legal bills. When you hire Avaness Law, you hire a firm instilled with grit that will fight tooth-and-nail until a fair and just compensation is reached.
Honors and Associations
Get Your Free Consultation