Were You Injured In An Uber/Rideshare Accident?
Rideshare services are popular in Burbank because of their convenience and simplicity. If you need a ride, you can slide into your app and connect with a driver to take you to your destination. Unfortunately, getting an Uber is not a guarantee of safe arrival, as you can get into an accident on the busy Burbank roads. Getting compensation for an Uber accident can be a tedious and complicated process. At Avaness Law, our experienced attorneys are ready to guide you through the process, from the accident to your recovery, and fight for you to get the compensation you deserve.
The Complicating Factors of Uber/Rideshare Accidents
Dealing with insurance after an Uber accident is complicated. You may have to communicate with Uber’s insurance provider, your driver’s insurance provider, and your own insurance provider. Because Uber drivers are independent contractors, Uber does not always take responsibility for their drivers’ negligence.
On the other hand, while Uber driver’s insurance can cater to your compensation, insurance companies aim at making profits and often pay you the minimum amount. Therefore, contacting an experienced Burbank attorney after your accident is necessary for fair compensation.
Causes of Uber/Rideshare Accidents
Like other drivers on the road, Uber drivers should follow traffic laws and operate their vehicles responsibly. Unfortunately, even the most careful Uber drivers can get into accidents. Statistics show an increase in Uber accidents in the past decade, with Uber causing over 1,000 passenger deaths annually. Our experienced Uber and Lyft accident attorneys at Avaness Law can help you hold the parties responsible for your fair compensation if you have been injured.
The common causes of Uber accidents include:
- Reckless driving, including speeding, driving under the influence, and running the red lights
- Poor maintenance of rideshare vehicles
- Negligent company policies such as poor training or vetting of drivers and overstretching schedules for the drivers
- Irresponsible actions of other motorists
What to Do After an Uber/ Rideshare Accident
You will need medical attention after an Uber or rideshare accident. Depending on the extent of your injuries, you can call 911 or rely on witnesses to call for assistance. An officer will come to the accident scene, investigate, and document details from your accident scene. If you are physically able to safely do so, you can gather the following information:
- Name, plate number, and insurance details of the rideshare driver
- Insurance details of other vehicles or persons involved in the accident
- Names and contacts of the accident witnesses
- Photos of your injuries
- Photos of accident debris, traffic signals, or skid marks
Why You Should Hire a Burbank Uber/Rideshare Attorney
After an Uber accident, you can pursue compensation for your injuries. Unfortunately, this process can be challenging, with insurance companies doing anything to reduce your payout. The last thing you want is to follow up on a claim as you heal. Working with an Avaness Law attorney who understands such cases will save you a lot of trouble. Our lawyers will help you in the following ways:
- Protection from manipulative actions by insurance companies: While Uber should provide coverage in case of an accident, some insurers will refuse to approve your claim, while others will offer the minimum compensation. Given the years of experience, our Burbank attorneys will employ tricks and tactics to surpass the insurer’s tactics and protect you from their manipulative actions.
- Determination of cause and liability: Knowing your accident’s cause is critical to determining who to hold liable for your compensation. Our attorneys will gather relevant evidence, investigate the accident, and charge the party at fault for your compensation.
- Valuation of your case: Getting the right compensation depends on the proper valuation of your case. This requires a thorough investigation of the accidents and the injuries you have. Our Burbank attorneys will liaise with relevant experts to determine your injury’s value and negotiate a settlement with the insurance.
What Compensation I’m I Entitled to After an Uber/Rideshare Accident?
After an Uber accident, you will be entitled to the following compensation:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Emotional trauma
- Property damage
- Loss of life enjoyment
Seeking Compensation After Your Burbank Uber Accident
You are entitled to compensation if you get injured in an Uber accident as a passenger, driver of other vehicles, or pedestrian. You have two options to get compensation: filing a personal injury claim with insurance and filing a personal injury lawsuit against the party at fault.
The insurance company is the main source of compensation after an Uber accident, and you can get compensation from the driver’s policy. Getting this compensation requires you to confirm the following:
- You were an Uber passenger at the time of the accident
- The accident occurred with the driver logged in to the Uber app
- The accident occurred while you were waiting for your ride request
- The Uber driver’s coverage extends to commercial activity
If the insurance companies dismiss your claims, give an unfair settlement, or your injuries are severe, you have the right to pursue a personal injury lawsuit. In this case, you will have to prove negligence by your Uber driver or third parties.
WE ALSO OFFER THE FOLLOWING PRACTICE AREAS:
- Auto Accident
- Assault and Battery Charges
- Dog Bite
- Slip and Fall
- Truck Accident
- Workplace Injury
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Brain Injury
- Bus Accident
- Bicycle Accident
Get Help From Our Avaness Law Attorney
Accidents are inconvenient, and their impact can be lifelong, so getting compensation is important. Getting compensation from Uber and other Rideshare services has its share of complications, given the relationship between Uber and its drivers. By contacting our Burbank attorneys, you can rest assured of a smooth process to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us today and book your appointment. Contact our personal injury lawyers in Burbank, CA for more legal help.
Frequently Asked Questions For Burbank Car Accidents
What is a Burbank Uber/Rideshare Accident Lawyer?
A Burbank Uber/Rideshare Accident Lawyer is an attorney who specializes in representing clients who have been involved in accidents while riding in or driving for ridesharing companies such as Uber, Lyft, and others. They help accident victims navigate the often-complicated legal and insurance processes that follow a rideshare accident, and ensure that they receive the compensation they deserve for their injuries and damages.
If you have been involved in a rideshare accident in Burbank, California, it is important to contact an experienced Uber/Rideshare Accident Lawyer as soon as possible to protect your legal rights and maximize your chances of receiving fair compensation.
What are the common causes of Burbank Uber/Rideshare Accidents?
Like any motor vehicle accident, rideshare accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. Some common causes of Burbank Uber/Rideshare Accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is a major cause of all types of car accidents, and rideshare drivers are no exception. Many drivers are distracted by their phones, GPS systems, or other devices while driving, which can lead to accidents.
- Driver Fatigue: Rideshare drivers often work long hours and may drive late into the night or early in the morning, which can lead to driver fatigue and impaired driving.
- Intoxicated or Impaired Driving: Some rideshare drivers may drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, which can impair their judgment and reaction times and increase the risk of an accident.
- Vehicle Malfunction: Rideshare drivers are responsible for maintaining their vehicles, but sometimes mechanical issues can arise that are out of their control, such as faulty brakes or tires.
- Poor Road Conditions: Poor road conditions such as potholes, construction zones, or inclement weather can increase the risk of an accident.
What should I do if I am involved in a Burbank Uber/Rideshare Accident?
If you are involved in a Burbank Uber/Rideshare Accident, there are several steps you should take to protect your legal rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve:
- Seek Medical Attention: The first priority after any accident should be to seek medical attention for any injuries you may have sustained, no matter how minor they may seem.
- Contact the Police: Contact the police to report the accident and obtain a copy of the police report.
- Gather Evidence: Take photos of the accident scene, any damage to the vehicles involved, and any injuries sustained. Obtain contact information for any witnesses to the accident.
- Contact an Uber/Rideshare Accident Lawyer: Contact an experienced Burbank Uber/Rideshare Accident Lawyer to discuss your legal rights and options.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Notify your insurance company of the accident, but do not make any statements or sign any documents without consulting with an attorney first.
- Do Not Accept a Settlement Offer: Do not accept any settlement offers from the rideshare company or their insurance company without first consulting with an attorney. These offers are often designed to minimize the amount of compensation you receive and may not fully compensate you for your injuries and damages.
What damages can I recover in a Burbank Uber/Rideshare Accident lawsuit?
If you have been involved in a Burbank Uber/Rideshare Accident, you may be entitled to recover the following damages:
- Medical Expenses: You may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses related to your injuries, including hospital bills, doctor visits, medications, and rehabilitation costs.
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages and future lost earnings.
- Pain and Suffering: You may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering related to your injuries
- Snap photos of any injuries and property damage
- If you can, take pictures of the scene of the accident (including any debris, nearby traffic lights)
- Any expenses paid out of pocket (medical bills, prescriptions)